This short 11 question quiz marks your participation.
1) The Hotel Collection program can be booked through American Express Travel by the Card Member only if he or she has the following card. (Please select all that apply)
The Hotel Collection is eligible to be booked by Gold, Platinum, or Centurion Members only.
2) Please select each of the standard benefits the Card Member is entitled to receive when booking with The Hotel Collection. (Please select all that apply)
The Hotel Collection program benefits are a US$75 Hotel Credit and a Room Upgrade At Check-In, If Available.
3) At check-in, as long as you hand the Card Member the Benefits Summary Letter you have successfully delivered the program benefits.
You should verbally explain each of the program benefits and inform the Card Member of where and how he or she can take advantage of them. It is not sufficient to just hand the Card Member the Benefits Summary letter as the Card Member may not read it. It should be used as a helpful tool to ensure a seamless check-in.
4) The program benefits should only be applied when the Card Member pays for his or her stay with an American Express product.
Eligible Card Members do not need to pay for their stay with their Gold, Platinum or Centurion Card and can pay with any American Express product, including American Express Gift Cards and Traveler’s Cheques from American Express. Reminder! They cannot use cash, personal checks or another Card issuer for payment. If they insist on using these payment methods you should add the $75 charge back to the bill.
5) Please select the four areas the American Express Mystery Shopper will look for to ensure the hotel staff is 100% compliant with the program’s Key Components. (Please select all that apply)
The Mystery Shopper will look to ensure you have verbally recognized that the booking was made through The Hotel Collection from American Express, that you verbally explained each of the program benefits and how they can be utilized, that you reviewed the Benefits Summary Letter and that you accepted only an American Express card as form of payment.
6) Delivering the Key Components of the program to the Card member 95% of the time is acceptable, as long as you tried your best.
100% compliance with the delivery of each of the Key Components is essential to your preferred membership with us. Hotels that are not in compliance are at high risk for being removed from the program.
7) What do you do if a Gold, Platinum Card or Centurion Member arrives at your hotel and asks about the benefits? (Choose all correct answers)
If a Card Member shows up at the hotel and wants the benefits applied, please ask the guest to call the number on the back of their eligible card.
8) What is the best way to identify if a booking is for The Hotel Collection? (Choose all correct answers)
Check to see if rate code GCD or AXQ appears, or if there is a rate descriptor: Amex Hotel Collection. Additionally, when a Card Member in the US makes a reservation online this is done via an Orbitz white label site, so you should check the Special Requests, Notes, or Special Instructions (SI) field. There will be an indicator: AMEX_THC. American Express will also be sending regular bookings report to both the front desk and reservations management departments.
9) If a Travel Agency from American Express calls the hotel to help with a booking, you should not help them.
Travel Agencies owned or affiliated with American Express Travel are instructed to use the GDS for booking, however, if they cannot find the rates loaded in the GDS, they may call your hotel for assistance. Please assist them with The Hotel Collection booking and then notify your GDS loading team that the rates are not showing up for the program
10) If you see an agency not called “American Express” as the agency on record in the reservation, but you also see GCD or AXQ in the rate code field, this is a valid Hotel Collection booking.
Travel Agencies affiliated, but not owned by American Express Travel, also use the GDS to make The Hotel Collection bookings. At American Express Travel we control viewership of our affiliated agencies, so if the codes are in the reservation (GCD or AXQ) then this is a valid Hotel Collection booking and you should apply the benefits to the reservation
11) A reservations best practice is to run a pre-arrival list and prepare the Benefits Summary Letters ahead of time for a seamless check-in at the Front Desk.
The reservations or management staff should run a pre-arrival list each evening. By reviewing the reservations each night for the following day, you are able to prepare the Benefits Summary Letter for each of the guests– this allows for a seamless check-in experience